Wednesday, May 28, 2008

THe Green Book

Rank at least five "little things" from the different chapters from "really easy for me to do (right now)" to "very difficult for me to do (right now)" and explain why they would be easy/difficult to do. 

These simple steps are coming from chapter 1 and 3:

1) Turning off the water when I brush my teeth.
 This is very easy for me to do, because I have done it for so many years it's become a habit.

2) Using warm-cold instead of hot-hot water cycles, when I wash.
Using warm water instead of hot is not a big deal, I really don't see a difference, when I use hot anyways.

3)  Bringing my own toiletries, when I'm on vacation.
I always like to bring my own toothpaste, hair products, soaps, etc. I don't know what cheap products the hotels would have to offer and what ingredients are in them.

4) Unplugging my all the appliances in my home when they are not in use. 
Unplugging everything is easy when I remember but it can be tricky when you have so many appliances. I find it easier to have most of the appliances plugged into a power strip that way you can just turn the switch off when you're not using them.

5) Carrying less baggage, when on vacation.
Now this is the hardest for me, because whenever I go any where I always bring a ton of stuff, I just like o be prepared for any situation or at least most of them. Vacation is even worse, because I always change my mind on what clothes to wear so I like to have my options, and I try to bring clothes for any weather no matter where I am going. BUT I will try my best to narrow it down. 


Publicly commit to doing at least one "little thing" from the book.
This will be recycling, I really need to start doing that, because it is so simple yet makes a big difference.


No comments: