Saturday, May 3, 2008

Research Paper UPDATE

So I've narrowed my biodiversity topic down to...Coral Reefs. My research papers will cover dates from the early 1990s all the way to the present. The area I will be discussing will be the coral reefs in the Caribbean , like Puerto Rico and Jamaica, and some other islands such as Hawaii. Coral reefs are a major diverse marine ecosystem and effect humans and marine species. 

I am writing on this topic, because of how important coral reefs are to our environment and ecosystem. They absorb carbon dioxide, recycle environmental waste to produce food, and provide a habitat for up to 3 million marine species.

My sources include organizations, the National Geographic, scientific researches, and photos. I would like to and plan on getting some books on the destruction of Coral Reefs and and obtain a few charts.

My working thesis will definitely be on the importance of Coral Reefs and hopefully I will  get this message across as clearly as possible and share some ways we can all help.

3 comments:

Doctor X said...

Wait--Hawaii is NOT in the Caribbean.

I think the topic works. I like that you have a manageable time frame. I strongly suggest that you check my comments to DEBBIE's blog about this topic (she is doing the same), as many of my concerns for her are similar to the ones I have for you. The good news is that you can compare sources and maybe even drafts!

LovelyDiamond said...

I know, lol, I was just including Hawaii as an exception, but didn't mean that it was part of the Caribbean.

Debbie said...

I need to know your name and I wonder, since we are doing the same topic can we come together and exchane information or sources? It will be helpful to both you and I. I do not know who you are or your name can you identify yourself in class on Wednesday?