Sunday, March 9, 2008

We Can Make a Difference

Every action of ours affects the environment whether it’s in a positive or a negative way. We all pretty much have the same routine in the morning we get up, brush our teeth, shower, and then we’re off to work, school, or maybe just running some errands. All of these things affect our environment. After many reports of global warming effecting the environment I decided to learn more about decreasing my daily carbon emissions. It is my mission to go green.

Turning off the faucet when I brush my teeth is something I always do, it’s a simple step that helps reduce my daily carbon emissions. A low flow shower head can also save a few hundred pounds a year of CO2 from being emitted into the air, although I must admit this is a hard one for me to do, since I love showering with hard water pressure, which yes is what I used this morning. So I try to do some other things to reduce my CO2 emissions is by turning off my power strip, unneeded lights, and unplugging anything that is not being used. I also use paperless billing which is easy to use and can also help save our trees, we already live in a computerized world so we might as well receive our bills online too.

Unfortunately it is sad to know that there are many people who do not care about the environment and our world. Most people say if they won’t be alive by the time global warming’s consequences occur than why should they care, well they should care!! Why should future generations and our world suffer the consequences of our generation, when we knew the affects of global warming and what we could do to change it! It’s a shame to see how careless, greedy, and selfish people can be when our world is at stake! Simple changes can make a big difference and it’s our responsibility to do the right thing. So I hope that everyone reading this will join me on my journey and go green :-D!!!

1 comment:

Doctor X said...

Discovery and National Geographic rock!
And isn't it funny that in this "eco-friendly" era we are going back to home-made products (like your body butter) and the less-is-more mentality that our great-grandparents had? Maybe they did know better. Sometimes you have to take two steps back to move forward.